Our Business Recovery and Insolvency team are dedicated to dealing with businesses and individuals who find themselves in financial difficulty. A business facing insolvency can be one of the most traumatic and distressing times an organisation can face and our professional and efficient team can help you make the difficult decisions you may face with sound advice and understanding support.
Whenever our services are needed, our team, which includes licensed insolvency practitioners, will always look for a positive outcome from what is usually a distressed situation. Our corporate finance team may also be of aid to the organisation in such cases.
There are a number of issues that the organisation or individual may face when tackling this issue. The owner of an organisation is legally responsible for making sure that a business is not operating from a position of insolvency. With our insightful knowledge and practical experience of the situations that may arise during a time of insolvency, Johnston Carmichael can offer many services at this time.
By seeking early advice and having a clear idea of all the possible avenues available to them, many of the dangers of insolvency can be avoided and any damage to an organisation or to its owners can be minimised. By investigating all the options available to a client, Johnston Carmichael can offer the best course of action thus allowing the financial stakeholder to minimise their exposure to losses.
Our dedicated Business Recovery and Insolvency team can offer the following services to:
Companies and Shareholders
- Advice and assistance to organisations in financial difficulties
- Advice to directors on their responsibilities, liabilities or disqualification proceedings
- Turnaround or restructuring
- Liquidation appointments for both solvent and insolvent companies
- Administration appointments
- Assisting companies in their negotiations with lenders and creditors
- Assisting with restructuring or shareholder exit of solvent companies through members voluntary liquidation
- Viability reviews and monitoring
- Security reviews
- Receivership appointments
- Debt recovery advice and assistance
- Representation at creditors’ meetings
- Advice on continued support of customers
- Reservation of title issues
- Advice and support to individuals in financial difficulties
- Protected trust deed and sequestration appointments
For further information on our Business Recovery and Insolvency service and how our team can help you please contact one of our Business Recovery and Insolvency specialists listed below.
Related press releases
- Administration of Wright & Watt Properties LLP
- Lets Invest It Asset Management Limited in receivership
- Liquidation of Elizabeth McColgan Limited
- John Taylor (Giffnock) Limited (In Receivership)
- Liquidation of Millers Restaurant & Visitor Centre
- Cash flow problems lead to insolvency for Scottish building firms
- Ardgowan Homes (Ballochmyle) Limited in Administration
- Johnston Carmichael secures sale of ‘Brangelina Restaurant'
- Where have all the insolvencies gone?
- How can Scots firms prepare for potential Euro storm?