"We have a duty and responsibility to give something back to the many communities we serve throughout Scotland."
Sandy Manson, Chief Executive
Our stated objectives are
- To create a sustainable approach to CSR
- To be recognised by our people and the market place as being a socially responsible employer
- Ensure any policy changes consider our CSR objectives
We have created a CSR network where each office has a nominated representative supported by their committee. Our representatives are guided by our Head of CSR, Iain Abernethy.
Over the last nine years, Johnston Carmichael has raised over £347,000 for charity. Each year a charity is chosen by the firm and each office additionally nominates local charities and good causes that they would like to support.
“Corporate Social Responsibility is more than raising funds for charity. It includes socialising with colleagues, offering pro bono work, getting involved with community groups, telling school pupils about career opportunities, reviewing and taking measures to control our impact on the environment, giving up some of our free time to help others and thinking about what we can do outside the firm. With this ethos in mind, we can all make a difference.”
Iain Abernethy, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
Related press releases
- Aberdeen staff raise charity cash for local cause
- Over £40,000 raised for charities after year-long fundraising campaign
- Inverness staff raise charity cash for local cause
- Johnston Carmichae's Forfar staff raise charity cash for local cause
- Johnston Carmichael's Edinburgh staff raise charity cash for local cause
- £4000 fund raising success with 54 hole golf challenge
- Glasgow staff raise charity cash for local cause
- Johnston Carmichael's Inverurie staff raise charity cash for local cause
- Johnston Carmichael Chairman and Chief Executive to tackle three peaks challenge for charity
- Johnston Carmichael staff plant trees for charity