The Government recently announced a review of the support that the current system of Research & Development (R&D) tax relief provides for innovative companies. This announcement came hard on the heels of a relaxation in policy by HM Revenue & Customs, in relation to the costs that can be included in R&D claims.
We have a dedicated R&D team with significant experience of making claims under the existing rules. We have recently delivered over £23 million of tax relief for Scottish companies - none of our claims have been rejected by HMRC. Watch our video below to find out more.
Our success is based on our approach: we take time to understand your R&D projects and we know how HMRC assess claims in practice.
Related Johnston Carmichael Blog Post's
If you would like a free assessment as to whether your business might qualify for R&D Tax Relief and the likely value of a claim, then please do not hesitate to contact a member of our R&D team.
Related press releases
- Johnston Carmichael to highlight tax benefits for innovative SMEs
- Osborne's aspirations have limitations
- A Budget for tomorrow’s aspirations
- The Taxation of Controlling Persons - Change to IR35
- Autumn Statement Update
- Low R&D take up in Scotland - are you missing out on tax relief?
- Johnston Carmichael recruits banking expert to bolster tax team
- What’s in the Patent Box?
- Capital Allowances - What now after the March spending spree on new machinery?
- A turn for the better? A closer look at wind turbines