In these straightened times a main concern for many companies is how to raise finance for acquisitions, refurbishments or new builds.
We advise on debt and equity, steering you through the funding options to make sure you choose the right source for your needs. We can also help with refinancing and restructuring loans, claiming capital allowances to strengthen your business cash flow position, supporting your needs in challenging market conditions.
We also specialise advising on building consent applications, claims for business property relief (BPR) and compliance issues. Our team have built a niche expertise analysing and advising on complex rules concerning VAT planning in relation to the acquisition, sale and development of land and buildings. We’re now recognised by property developers, construction professionals and HM Revenue & Customs as market leaders in this specialist field.
We can help with:
- Internal and external audit
- VAT planning for property development or renovations
- Advising on tax allowances for commercial property
- Reviewing business structures
- Establishing joint ventures
- Maximising Business Property Relief and Capital Allowances
- Feasibility studies
- Tax planning
- Corporate finance
- Exit strategies
- Business insolvency
To serve clients operating overseas we have an International Tax team with over twenty years’ experience. We’re also independent members of PKF Limited giving us access to a global network of organisations supporting your expansion plans.
In order to maintain continuity of the specialists you will work with, Johnston Carmichael has appointed a Head of Construction & Property, Michael Murray. Michael has over 15 years’ experience in the sector acting for owner-managed businesses, single asset investors, property companies and life funds and leads the Construction & Property team for the firm.
- Brian MainPartner
- Colin McKelvieTax Partner, Private Client
- Craig MacPhersonManaging Partner
- George MacLennanPartner
- Graham ReidAudit Director
- Irvine SpowartAudit Director
- James CampbellPartner
- Jamie WaughAudit Partner
- Jim PorterManaging Partner
- Lynne McCormickAudit Director
- Michael MurraySenior Manager, Capital Allowances
- Mike PitmanPartner
- Robert WintersManager, Capital Allowances
- Roddy AndersonManaging Partner
- Scott HolmesAudit Partner
- Shaun MillicanPartner and Head of Technology & Life Sciences
- Stephen DickiePartner and Head of Renewable Energy