In these straightened times a main concern for many companies is how to raise finance for acquisitions, refurbishments or new builds.
We advise on debt and equity, steering you through the funding options to make sure you choose the right source for your needs. We can also help with refinancing and restructuring loans, claiming capital allowances to strengthen your business cash flow position, supporting your needs in challenging market conditions.
We also specialise advising on building consent applications, claims for business property relief (BPR) and compliance issues. Our team have built a niche expertise analysing and advising on complex rules concerning VAT planning in relation to the acquisition, sale and development of land and buildings. We’re now recognised by property developers, construction professionals and HM Revenue & Customs as market leaders in this specialist field.
We can help with:
- Internal and external audit
- VAT planning for property development or renovations
- Advising on tax allowances for commercial property
- Reviewing business structures
- Establishing joint ventures
- Maximising Business Property Relief and Capital Allowances
- Feasibility studies
- Tax planning
- Corporate finance
- Exit strategies
- Business insolvency
To serve clients operating overseas we have an International Tax team with over twenty years’ experience. We’re also independent members of PKF Limited giving us access to a global network of organisations supporting your expansion plans.
In order to maintain continuity of the specialists you will work with, Johnston Carmichael has appointed a Head of Construction & Property, Michael Murray. Michael has over 15 years’ experience in the sector acting for owner-managed businesses, single asset investors, property companies and life funds and leads the Construction & Property team for the firm.
- Brian MainGeneral Practice Partner
- Colin McKelvieTax Partner
- Craig MacPhersonGeneral Practice Partner
- George MacLennanGeneral Practice Partner
- Graham ReidAudit Director
- Irvine SpowartAudit Director
- James CampbellGeneral Practice Partner
- Jamie WaughAudit Partner
- Jim PorterGeneral Practice Partner
- Lynne McCormickAudit Director
- Michael MurrayTax Director - Capital Allowances
- Mike PitmanGeneral Practice Partner
- Robert WintersTax Manager - Capital Allowances
- Roddy AndersonGeneral Practice Partner
- Scott HolmesAudit Partner
- Shaun MillicanGeneral Practice Partner
- Stephen DickieGeneral Practice Partner
21st April 2015
Land and Building Transaction Tax (LBTT) is replacing SDLT for land transactions in Scotland. The framework of LBTT follows that of SDLT and there are many similarities.read more
9th September 2014
Our business and your business combined opens a world of opportunity – it’s that sense of partnership that has defined us since 1936. For a full overview of our services and our sector expertise please download a copy of our Corporate brochure below.read more