Our team advise Medical & Healthcare businesses of varying size and complexity – which range from partnerships and large group practices, to individual GPs and Dentists.
We work with more than 50 practices, 50 consultants and over 300 GPs throughout Scotland. We have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the issues you face. We also work within the pharmaceutical and dental sectors, giving us a broader perspective.
With many practices concerned about NHS funding being continually squeezed we advise on how best to manage costs and payroll. As Partners’ superannuation rates continue to rise, profits decrease, and Pensions Annual Allowance reduces – along with the ability to source capital to contribute to practices, all major sources of concern.
Our specialists will guide your business through these issues and as members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants (AISMA) and the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL), they are amongst the very best available to the medical and dental profession.
We can help with:
- Reporting on pratice efficiency and profitability
- Maximising Capital Allowance claims on equipment and integral features
- Finance sourcing for surgeries
- Payroll assistance
- Cash flow management
- Preparation of tax computations and returns
- Preparation of superannuation certificates
- Budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Drawings planning
- Tax planning to minimise tax and compliance with statutory duties
- Employee benefits and bonus schemes
- Tax investigations advice
- Succession planning
- Advice for dispensing doctors on VAT
- Systems improvement
- Assistance with mergers and acquisitions
Johnston Carmichael has appointed a Head of Doctors, Gerry McDonald and a Head of Dentists, Roddy Anderson.
As our designated AISMA member, Gerry meets demanding requirements advising on accounting, finance, taxation, practice management and pension issues affecting doctors every day.
He is supported by a team of specialists including partner, Roddy Anderson, advising dental practices, and is the only NASDAL registered accountant and business advisor in the North East of Scotland.