Our team advise Medical & Healthcare businesses of varying size and complexity – which range from partnerships and large group practices, to individual GPs and Dentists.
We work with more than 50 practices, 50 consultants and over 300 GPs throughout Scotland. We have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the issues you face. We also work within the pharmaceutical and dental sectors, giving us a broader perspective.
Our specialists will guide your business through the issues facing your business and as members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants (AISMA) and the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL), they are amongst the very best available to the medical and dental professions.
We can help with:
- Annual accounts
- Preparation of tax computations and returns
- Preparation of superannuation certificates
- Reporting on practice efficiency and profitability
- Budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Drawings planning
- Systems improvement
- VAT advice
- Tax investigations advice
- Tax planning to minimise tax and compliance with statutory duties
- Payroll assistance
- Maximising Capital Allowance claims on equipment and integral features
Johnston Carmichael has appointed a Head of Doctors, Gerry McDonald and a Head of Dentists, Roddy Anderson.
As our designated AISMA member, Gerry meets demanding requirements advising on accounting, finance, taxation, practice management and pension issues affecting doctors every day.
Roddy Anderson, who leads on dental practices, is the only NASDAL registered accountant and business advisor in the North East of Scotland.