As a global business the Oil & Gas sector demands the latest technology and innovations to access remote reserves.
In the service sector there is a supply chain aligned and ready to support exploration, drilling and production operations. Working globally, international taxes, expat tax, VAT planning and compliance all need to be addressed – all challenges the Oil & Gas sector faces around funding of working capital, growth and new product development.
Research and Development (R&D) schemes and the new Patent Box tax regime are amongst key issues faced. We have recently delivered over £23 million of tax relief for Scottish companies – with no claim rejections by HM Revenues & Customs.
We take the time needed to understand your R&D projects thoroughly and we know how HMRC assess claims in practice. Our experts are knowledgeable and they know what is needed to deliver successful projects.
From well known international businesses through to start-up technology and development companies, we can help with:
- Tax planning
- VAT issues
- Fund raising
- R&D relief
- Patent Box
- Exit strategies
- Corporate finance
- Personal tax
- Corporate tax
- Wealth management
- Employee benefits
- Management reporting systems
- International tax services
Accessing Global Networks
Unfamiliar laws, regulations, local customs, language barriers – all overwhelming factors when entering new markets. Our International Tax Practice and Tax specialists will assess your international tax position from a global perspective.
Our international services include:
- Implementation of tax efficient international tax structures
- Tax planning for inward and outward investments from the UK
- Local country permanent establishment assistance
- Withholding tax planning
- Advice on type of legal entity
- Financial reporting of tax provisions
- Foreign tax credit planning and double tax relief
- Contracts review from a tax perspective
- Controlled foreign company planning
We are members of PKF Limited which gives us access to a global network of organisations to help your business expand internationally.
Johnston Carmichael has appointed a Head of Oil & Gas, Graham Alexander. Graham leads the Oil & Gas team who are based in our Aberdeen office.
- Alana HigginsTax Senior Manager
- Andrew DavidsonManager, Audit and Assurance
- Andrew WalkerCorporate Finance Joint Managing Partner
- Brian MoranAudit & Assurance Partner
- Callum WilsonTax Partner, Corporate & International
- Caroline MuirTax Director, Deputy Head of Tax
- David DowellTax Senior Manager
- David WardTax Director
- Fiona WeirVAT Director
- Graham W AlexanderCorporate Finance Partner
- Jim PorterManaging Partner
- Iain CastlesAccounts Manager
- Barry MassonAudit & Assurance Director
- Stephen McIlwaineAudit and Assurance Senior Manager
23rd January 2015
The decrease in oil prices has put the energy industry under the spotlight in recent weeks. Looking ahead to the priorities for 2015, key objectives for the industry will include identifying cost savings and maintaining exploration and production levels. We have summarised this year’s anticipated tax changes.read more
9th June 2014
The latest figures from the annual oil and gas survey of international activity show that total international sales from Scotland’s oil and gas supply chain grew to £10 billion in ...read more