Being experts in our field we make it our business to have a thorough understanding of your sector.
Minimising your tax liability through the use of tax-efficient investment and pension contributions, risk management benefits of limited liability status are all attractive propositions where we advise. We have first-hand experience having become an LLP in June 2011.
The legal profession faces fundamental commercial issues. Many practices have either
stopped trading or chosen strategic mergers and acquisitions to survive. Professional firms are also faced with the challenge of how to retain a highly qualified workforce with high salary expectations; how to fulfil compliance obligations (RTI, pension-auto enrolment, changes in child benefit); and how to ensure that your business structure is best-suited to your needs.
Other areas for discussion are tax rates and tax-efficient payment for staff, including flexible benefits, NIC planning and salary sacrifice.
Our highly experienced team helps guide your business and advises in all areas of your practice.
We can help with:
- Preparation of tax computations and returns
- Reporting on the efficiency and profitability of business structures
- Structuring a partnership business
- Structuring tax-efficient borrowings
- Tax planning
- Maximising Capital Allowance claims(including CA claims on commercial property)
- Obtaining finance for growth
- Employee benefits and bonus schemes
- Payroll assistance
- Cash flow management
- Budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Tax investigations advice
- Systems improvement
- Assistance with mergers and acquisitions (including relevant tax considerations such as Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax)
- Personal finance
- Wealth management
We advise on how to maximise efficiency, productivity and effectiveness and help lessen your administrative burden, to allow better control. Improvements around business planning and increasing your client base all help to free up your time to grow your business.
Peter Young, Head of Professional Services, leads a dedicated team of highly skilled Professional Services specialists within the firm, providing advice on finance, taxation, business management and accounting issues.
- Andrew DavidsonIT Audit Manager
- Andrew ShepherdGeneral Practice Partner
- Edward AtkinsonGeneral Practice Partner
- Euan McLeodGeneral Practice Partner
- Gerry McDonaldGeneral Practice Partner
- Hugh HutchisonGeneral Practice Partner
- Peter YoungTax Partner
- Richard ClarkeTax Senior Manager
- Ricky MurrayTax Partner
- Roddy AndersonGeneral Practice Partner
9th April 2015
Being experts in our field we make it our business to have a thorough understanding of your sector. Minimising your tax liability through the use of tax-efficient investment and pension contributions, risk management benefits of limited liability status are all attractive propositions where we advise. Find out more by downloading our Professional Services brochure below.read more
9th September 2014
Our business and your business combined opens a world of opportunity – it’s that sense of partnership that has defined us since 1936. For a full overview of our services and our sector expertise please download a copy of our Corporate brochure below.read more