As the tax laws for companies become ever more complex, we understand the importance of getting the right tax advice and support that you can rely on. We recognise that you not only require strategies that manage cost and minimise risk but also provide efficient planning for the future. Over the years we have developed close relationships with the tax authorities, which, when combined with our detailed knowledge of your individual circumstances, ensures we create a tax strategy that works to your best advantage.
Our specialists advise across a whole range of disciplines:
Capital Allowances – Maximising relief for spend on equipment and property.
Corporate Tax Planning and Compliance – Full compliance service and advice on the tax implications of commercial transactions and reorganisations.
Employee Share Incentives – Advice on tax efficient incentives for employees and shareholders and preparation and agreement with HMRC of share valuations.
Employment Taxes – Advice on compliance with employment taxes legislation, employee benefits, remuneration planning and salary sacrifice schemes to reduce NIC costs.
International Tax – Working with the PFK network to advise on all aspects of taking your business overseas and managing international tax risk.
Patent Box – Assessing whether any corporate patents could give your company an effective rate of tax of 10% on profits from patented products or processes.
Private Client Planning and Compliance – Full compliance service and planning to mitigate income and inheritance taxes through maximisation of available reliefs.
Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credits – Maximising relief for spend on research and development.
Scottish Taxes - Advice on devolved taxes.
Seafarers – Advice on whether seafarers deductions are available to reduce your income tax burden.
Tax Investigations – Assistance with HMRC enquires into personal and corporate tax returns.
VAT and Indirect Taxes – Full compliance service and planning to mitigate VAT costs or increase recoveries.
- Alan MainVAT Manager
- Alana HigginsTax Senior Manager
- Alex ArthurDirector of Tax
- Alexandra DochertyTax Director
- Andrew GoodSenior Personal Tax Manager
- Billy ClelandDirector, Tax
- Callum WilsonTax Partner, Corporate & International
- Caroline MuirTax Director, Deputy Head of Tax
- Colin McKelvieTax Partner, Private Client
- David DowellTax Senior Manager
- David UrquhartVAT Manager
- David WardTax Director
- Ewan WallacePartner
- Fiona MassonVAT Manager
- Fiona WeirVAT Director
- Graham SeagerVAT & Employment Taxes Partner
- Ian LewisTax Partner
- James A StewartTax Director
- John McAuslinTax Director
- John ToddTax Partner
- Keith HunterTax Manager
- Michael MurraySenior Manager, Capital Allowances
- Nicola HorsburghTax Director
- Paul CochraneVAT Senior Manager
- Peter YoungTax Partner
- Richard ClarkeTax Senior Manager
- Ricky MurrayTax Partner
- Robert WintersManager, Capital Allowances
- Simon BurtonTax Director
- Susie WalkerTax Partner, Head of Tax
4th March 2015
The arguments in favour of investing in renewable energy technology for farms and other agricultural businesses continue to gather momentum. Wind turbines, solar photovoltaic (PV), biomass systems and other forms of sustainable energy generation have enabled farmers to dramatically reduce their reliance on fossil fuels while significantly cutting their overall spend on gas and electricity.read more