Expanding overseas or investing in the UK? Our experienced International Tax Specialists can help you
As businesses become increasingly international in search of growth, they are confronted with many challenges. Tax is one of the key risks to be managed. Getting it wrong could mean entering into unprofitable contracts, financial penalties, trapped cash, due diligence challenges on a future exit and reputational damage. The OECD is currently leading a project to reform international tax principles and double taxation treaties and we will see real change in this area over the next 18 months.
We can help you through the life cycle of an overseas investment from choice of establishment vehicle, funding and annual compliance through to exit or sale.
Our International Tax Practice works with diverse clients across a wide range of industries to identify and manage the tax risks inherent in doing business overseas. So, while your finance team may feel it does not have the necessary expertise to confront complex international tax issues, our specialists are likely to have met them before.
Johnston Carmichael is a member of PKF international, which give our clients access to representation and advice in over 125 countries and 400 locations.
Outbound tax services:
- establishing whether new overseas operations require tax filings
- advice on choice of entity, registrations, funding and management of company residence
- identification and management of tax risks to ensure the tax profile of your operations is aligned to your commercial objectives
- transactions, structuring, diligence, exit readiness and post deal group restructuring
- withholding tax mitigation on cross-border flows for funding, services and IP including contracts review to ensure appropriate tax clauses are included
- overseas tax compliance via our PKF network and advice on the UK compliance issues arising from doing business overseas
Inbound tax services
- establishing whether proposed UK operations require tax filings
- advice on choice of entity, registrations and funding and repatriation of cash to overseas parent
- tax compliance services
- tax advisory
- bank and legal introductions
- bookkeeping and payroll (link to business solutions)
6th December 2013
Our Autumn Statement 2013 Summary gives details of the issues likely to impact you. We have included informative comments on specific issues that we hope will help you to assess the likely impact the proposed changes may have on you personally and your business.read more