As Scotland's largest independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, Johnston Carmichael has developed a detailed understanding of the issues and constraints facing businesses of all sizes, which is why we have developed our International Tax Services offering.
As the world's economies continue to become more integrated, companies are increasing their growth potential by expanding outside the United Kingdom. The entry into a new country results in companies being confronted with unfamiliar laws, regulations, local customs and possibly different languages, which could sometimes seem to be overwhelming. Companies' in-house tax departments may not have the experience or resources to address the unique tax issues that need to be addressed.
We believe that our International Tax Practice is your answer.
With their extensive experience with assisting companies' expansion into other countries, they are able to address your company needs. Having clients involved in a very diverse group of industries, there is a high probability that they have been exposed to the unique issues you are confronting.
To ensure that we address the best solution for your company's situation, our team will assess and address your international tax issues from a global perspective. If not considered this way, it could result in a seemingly 'profitable' project turning out to be a losing proposition.
Our team has over 20 years of experience in this area, so we are able to offer and maintain the high quality of service that you would expect.
- Immediate experienced talent
- Assistance with minimising your global taxes, resulting in a lower effective tax rate
- Services provided at a lower cost than most other international tax advisers
- Entire team is Scotland based
- A member of The Leading Edge Alliance (LEA) ranked by the International Accounting Bulletin as the third largest international association of independent accounting firms, with representation in more than 90 countries
- Implementation of tax efficient international holding companies tax structures
- Tax planning for outward investments from the UK
- Tax planning for inward investments into the UK
- Local country permanent establishment assistance
- Withholding tax planning
- Expansion into new countries structuring
- Financial reporting of tax provisions
- Foreign tax credit planning
- Contracts review from a tax perspective
- Controlled foreign company planning
Related Johnston Carmichael Blog Post's
For further information on our International Tax service and how our team can help you please contact our International Tax Partner, Callum Wilson.
Related press releases
- Johnston Carmichael to highlight tax benefits for innovative SMEs
- Osborne's aspirations have limitations
- A Budget for tomorrow’s aspirations
- The Taxation of Controlling Persons - Change to IR35
- Autumn Statement Update
- Johnston Carmichael recruits banking expert to bolster tax team
- Capital Allowances - What now after the March spending spree on new machinery?
- A turn for the better? A closer look at wind turbines
- Tax Health Plan (THP)
- Budget to reward work